9 March 2008

Welcome to my first blog

I am opinionated. This means I am alive. Everyone should be so. I've been thinking, for a while, instead of trying to smuggle things into my professional webpage, I should create a blog. I never tried to.

I admit I got inspired by Jeffrey Shallit's `Recursivity' blog.
No he doesn't know it, but that's the beauty of the Internet: finding
one another out and copying from one another. So, I thought, if he
can do it, then why not me? And I did. Here is my first attempt then.

So, please go ahead and leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and lots of success with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was your student for Stochastic Processes 1 and I enjoyed your classes! Do write more. :)

    -Alicia Chu-

    ReplyDelete




T H E B O T T O M L I N E

What measure theory is about

It's about counting, but when things get too large.
Put otherwise, it's about addition of positive numbers, but when these numbers are far too many.

The principle of dynamic programming

max_{x,y} [f(x) + g(x,y)] = max_x [f(x) + max_y g(x,y)]

The bottom line

Nuestras horas son minutos cuando esperamos saber y siglos cuando sabemos lo que se puede aprender.
(Our hours are minutes when we wait to learn and centuries when we know what is to be learnt.) --António Machado

Αγεωμέτρητος μηδείς εισίτω.
(Those who do not know geometry may not enter.) --Plato

Sapere Aude! Habe Muth, dich deines eigenen Verstandes zu bedienen!
(Dare to know! Have courage to use your own reason!) --Kant